Get out your favorite cooking tools, because this brand-new Espira recipe will win your heart over everywhere. The Protein Chocolate Truffle recipe, featuring Espira Plant Protein Powder in chocolate, will make the perfect little gift!
Protein Chocolate Truffles
Makes about 12 1-inch balls.
- ½ cup natural, unsweetened nut butter
- 3 tablespoons honey, agave nectar or pure maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2/3 cup Espira Plant Power Protein, Chocolate
Suggested Coatings (optional):
- Miniature semisweet chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- Unsweetened, natural cocoa powder
- Unsweetened flake or shredded coconut, plain or toasted
- Finely chopped toasted or raw nuts (e.g. almonds, walnuts, pistachios, hazelnuts)
- Matcha powder
- Mix the nut butter, honey, and salt in a medium bowl until blended. Add the Espira Plant Power Protein (chocolate), stirring until completely combined (mixture will be firm).
- Mix until the mixture comes together as a dough. If the mixture seems too wet, add a bit more protein powder until the mixture comes together as a dough. If the mixture seems too dry, add some water, one tablespoon at a time, until the mixture comes together as a dough.
- Scoop about 1 ½ tablespoons of the mixture into your hands and shape into 1-inch balls.
- If desired, place one or more of the suggested coatings in small shallow dishes. Roll each ball in the coating, gently pressing to adhere. Place the balls in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
Once you’re master with the truffles, you may want to try the Espira Metabolism Boost System, which includes 1 Ideal Cleanse, 1 Metabolism Boost, 1 Hunger Block, and 2 15-day canisters of Plant Power Protein, plus a free Espira blender bottle.
Sweet deal, right? Better get into the kitchen and get cooking!