1. Amway. 2017 Revenue: $8.60 billion. Year Founded: 1959.
2. Avon Products, Inc. 2017 Revenue: $5.70 billion. Year Founded: 1886.
3. Herbalife Ltd. 2017 Revenue: $4.40 billion. Year Founded: 1980.
4. Vorwerk & Co. KG. 2017 Revenue: $4.19 billion. Year Founded: 1882.
5. Mary Kay Inc. 2017 Revenue: $3.25 billion. Year Founded: 1963.
Avon is the Company that for 130 years has proudly stood for beauty, innovation, optimism and, above all, for women. Avon products include well-recognized and beloved brands such as ANEW, Avon Color, Avon Care and Skin-So-Soft.
Avon is a company steeped in tradition, grounded by its core values and principles as well as its vision “to be the company that best understands and satisfies the product, service and self-fulfillment needs of women – globally.”
Avon’s founder David H. McConnell was a progressive pioneer, an impressive visionary, a courageous game-changer, and above all, a champion of women. But he didn’t set out to create a beauty company. He was a traveling book salesperson, and offered beauty products as a gift. He soon realized customers were more interested in the free perfume samples than the books. From a small New York City office, McConnell mixed the company’s first fragrances himself and recruited a team of women to be Sales Representatives. It was a radical business model in 1886, but McConnell believed in the power of community and was passionate about giving women the opportunity to take firm control and responsibility for their lives and their families.
David McConnell’s decision to recruit women as sales representatives for his California Perfume Co. might have been a big, bold statement for the times. Yet it just made sense to McConnell when he saw the natural ability of women to network and market to others. Mrs. Persis Foster Eames Albee became the company’s first representative, and today more than 6 million Avon representatives are following in her footsteps, benefiting from McConnell’s belief that women could be the most important component of the direct selling channel.
Through a network of millions of beauty entrepreneurs across the world, our customers have access to the latest product innovations and their own personal beauty advisor – our independent Sales Representatives. An Avon Representative is her own boss, with flexibility over her schedule and business goals. Though some of our Representatives are full-time beauty entrepreneurs, others are part-time beauty advisors, selling Avon alongside a full-time job. And some are simply beauty fans who want direct access to all of the latest beauty trends. Meet a few of the six million strong ‘sisterhood’ inspiring a more beautiful world through business, beauty, and wellbeing.
The Representative earnings opportunity offers another benefit: a flexible alternative to traditional employment, without set hours and a set workplace. Whether in San Juan, Montreal or St. Louis, women leverage this flexibility to drive their Avon businesses in the context of other responsibilities—the ultimate work-life balance.
There are two ways to earn money as an Independent Representative: by selling products or—through the Sales Leadership program—by selling products while recruiting others. You can start selling to your family, friends or work colleagues and you can buy discounted Avon products for yourself, plus we can even show you a way to get some products free. All it takes to become a Representative and launch a business is the nominal cost of an appointment fee. Our business model enables many women to pursue and attain their personal financial goals.
- Avon fits in with you and your lifestyle, Avon is flexible, glamorous, exciting, and rewarding
- Avon is the world’s leading direct seller of beauty and related products
- Avon sells beauty to women in over 100 countries
- Avon is the # two global beauty brand, according to Forbes
- Avon offers a full refund with your return within 90 days
- Avon was the first major beauty company to end testing on animals
- We care about the “whole you” and place importance not only on salary, but also on learning experiences, and the freedom and empowerment to pursue an individual career path, training opportunities, and flexible work arrangements.
Contact Me and I can help you succeed in your financial and personal goals! Or you can call or text me at 973.714 .26 3 5. Email: nancy (at) avonladynj (dot) com.
Do you want to get started today? Sign up here and use reference code: nrago to be assigned to my team! Choose from 3 kits, starting at just $25, which give you all the essentials you need to get you up and running. Your new kit has all the essentials you need to get up and running.