National Ice Cream Day is observed each year on the 3rd Sunday in July and is a part of National Ice Cream Month. This day is a fun celebration enjoyed with a bowl, cup or cone filled with your favorite flavor of ice cream.
Thousands of years ago, people in the Persian Empire would put snow in a bowl, pour grape-juice concentrate over it and eat it as a treat. They did this when the weather was hot and used the snow saved in the cool-keeping underground chambers known as “yakhchal”, or taken from the snowfall that remained at the stop of mountains by the summer capital.
It is believed that ice cream was first introduced into the United States by Quaker colonists who brought their ice cream recipes with them. Their ice cream was sold at shops in New York and other cities during the colonial era.
HERE ARE SOME OF MY PRODUCTS TO HELP YOU OBSERVE
Avon Living Ice Cream Cone Molds Set of 4
Cool cones! These are super-cool for creating summer healthy treats! Put a twist on frozen sweets and fill these molds with fresh fruit juice or Greek yogurt instead of ice cream.
Looking for recipes? Allrecipes has more than 70 trusted homemade popsicles, pudding pops, ice pops, and frozen banana recipes complete with ratings, reviews, and serving tips.
Avon Living Parlor Treats Collection Snow Cone Maker
This fun and easy-to-use product produces snow-like shaved ice, perfect for snow cones, slush drinks, margaritas, daiquiris and much more! Simply add flavored syrup, soda or your favorite beverage to create unique refreshments at home anytime. You can even make fruit slush drinks, yogurt snow, and smoothies! These delightfully frosty treats are great for quenching thirst in the hot summer months and will be a hit with friends and family year-round. You can also use shaved ice to keep seafood, salad and other foods chilled on a buffet spread. Use your imagination and have fun! Includes 1 Snow Cone Maker Machine and 4 white cups.
Looking for snow cone syrup recipes? Allrecipes has ones you can make in minutes and some adult ones too!
DID YOU KNOW
- Ben Franklin, George Washington, and Thomas Jefferson enjoyed ice cream.
- 1813 – First Lady Dolley Madison served ice cream at the Inaugural Ball.
- 1832 – African American confectioner, Augustus Jackson, created multiple ice cream recipes as well as a superior technique to manufacture ice cream.
- 1843 – Philadelphian, Nancy Johnson, received the first U.S. patent for a small-scale hand-cranked ice cream freezer.
- 1920 – Harry Burt puts the first ice cream trucks on the streets.
- 1984 – President Ronald Reagan proclaimed July as National Ice Cream Month and established National Ice Cream Day as the third Sunday in the month of July.
Copy Source: https://www.nationaldaycalendar.com. There are over 1,200 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day with National Day Calendar!
Welcome to my blog!
I’ve been an Avon Representative and a Beauty Adviser since 2010. My customers live all over the United States and they ALL know that I’m only an email, call or text message away. Call or text me at 973.714 .26 3 5. Email: nancy (at) avonladynj (dot) com. Be sure to leave a voicemail message and I’ll get back to you within 48 hrs.
Register with me today and I will email you with upcoming special offers, promotions and exclusive product information.
Below Are Some Useful Shopping Links:
- Shop New & Now from makeup to fragrance, check out what’s hot and perfectly on-trend.
- Shop All Brands featuring all of AVON’s brands, as well as featuring favorites!
- Shop All Categories from Avon Living to Skin Care.
- Shop Sales & Special Offers including Buy 1 Get 1, 2 for and more promotions that change every two weeks.
- Shop Outlet — Limited quantities. When they’re gone, they’re gone!
- Contact Me. I’m happy to answer any of your questions about our products and services or about becoming an Avon Representative.
And if you’re interested in starting your own Avon business, contact me today.