- The use of lipstick dates back to about 5,000 years ago.
- During the time of Queen Elizabeth I, 16th century, bright red lips and a stark white face became fashionable in England.
- The first commercial lipstick was manufactured by a cosmetic company in France.
- By 1915, lipstick was sold in cylinder metal containers, which had been invented by Maurice Levy. Women had to slide a tiny lever at the side of the tube with the edge of their fingernail to move the lipstick up to the top of the case.
- Throughout the early 20th century, lipstick came in a limited number of shades. Dark red was one of the most popular shade throughout the 19th and 20th century.
- Lipstick manufacturers began creating lipsticks in lavender, pale pink, white, and peach by the 1950s.
- In 2012, bright bold lip colors became trendy again with saturated colors such as orange, or hot pink.
- 70% of women are looking for a lipstick that combines intense color with moisture.††
- Women are reapplying their lipstick every 4-5 hours each day.††
- On average, women typically own up to 12 lipsticks.††
††Based on an Avon Usage Study, 2013.
INTENSE AND SATURATED COLOR
ULTRA COLOR BOLD LIPSTICK
BOLD COLOR has never been THIS DARING 50% MORE PIGMENT PACKED INTO EVERY STICK* FOR OUR BOLDEST LIPSTICK YET!
new Ultra Color Bold Lipstick
High-impact lip color with a moisturizing texture and creamy feel. Full, even coverage that lasts for hours. Satin finish. .106 oz. net wt.
reg. $8.00 intro special $5.99
*vs. traditional Avon lipstick
Watch The Video!
Currently Shopping: Campaign 19 Brochure. Online until Tuesday 09/09/14 midnight EST.
Meet Mark Magalog Fall 2014. It’s finally FALL! Lucy Hale’s style secrets revealed! Products available only in C18-C21, no backorders can be accepted.